The Penk Valley Federation
The Federation Governing Body
The Governing Body is legally responsible for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013 set out core functions which the Governing Body must strongly focus on and retain oversight of.
The Governing Body will:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Operate in such a way that statutory duties are met and priorities are approved
- Provide challenge and hold the Headteacher and other senior leaders to account for improving the quality of teaching, pupils‟ achievement and pupils‟ behaviour and safety
- Use performance management systems, including the performance management of the Headteacher, to improve teaching, leadership and management
- Support and strengthen school leadership
- Contribute to the school’s self-evaluation and understand its strengths and weaknesses
- Engage with key stakeholders
- Ensure solvency and probity and that the financial resources made available to the school are managed effectively
- Use the pupil premium and other resources to overcome barriers to learning, including reading, writing and mathematics.
Each school within The Penk Valley Federation will also retain an Individual School Committee. The Associate Members on this committee will meet at least 3 times per year and provide reports to the Federation Governing Body.