Attend EDC is an Independent Education Welfare Support Service that is now working with your school to support Attendance, Punctuality and Welfare needs.
Our Staff have a wealth of experience of supporting pupils and families.
Regular visits and communication will take place when necessary.
If you feel you need this support then ask your school to contact us.
Regular absences from school can affect:
- Attainment levels – the quality of school work, qualifications gained
- School routine – disrupting your child’s learning and that of the other pupils
- The chances of children and young people being involved in anti-social behaviour
- A child or young person’s general well being and long term life opportunities
- Improving regular attendance at school is therefore a key priority, both locally and nationally
We are aware that children can miss school due to unavoidable illness. Please ensure that you communicate the reasons for your child’s absences on the first day of absence. If there are long term attendance difficulties, then please discuss this with us so that we may support the situation.