The government allocates additional funding to schools in the form of a ‘Pupil Premium Grant’ (PPG) to support learning and progress for specific groups of children who may be at risk of underachieving. These groups are:
- Children who are eligible for free school meals
- Children who have a parent serving in the armed forces
- Children who are in care or have been adopted from care
Pupil Premium Strategy 2017 / 2018
Pupil Premium Grant 2015 / 2016
Please see below for the evaluation of outcomes for pupil premium spending for 2016 / 2017
Are you entitled to additional funding for your child?
If you as a aparent / carer claim any of the following your child is entitled to Pupil Premium money to support them in school:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- INcome -related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI o fthe Immigration and Asylum act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
If you are in receipt of any of the above, or have any questions regarding Pupil Premium please speak to the school office staff who will provide you with further assistance.